DO’S AND DONT’S OF A WIG
I am one lady that is very experimental with my hairstyles. I am never afraid to go bold, unique and chic. Some of you know how extra I can get. Apparently, I joined the wig world and wow! It’s such an amazing experience! There is this vibe that a wig gives a woman; it brings out the femininity, maturity and a certain class. If you are a wig girl, you can testify to this. Some netizens normally assume women who wear them are very rich which is a good thing; I mean who does not want to look like they are ‘rich’?
I got a chance to collaborate with one of the top beauty brands in Kenya @beautyclick. They have all kinds of wigs from human hair, semi-human, synthetic and the list is end less.Today’s blog post is more of the dos and don’ts of the wig. So if you are new to this or you want to give it a try. It’s time to take notes:
DO’S OF A WIG
- Choose a natural hair line-This is because people need to assume it’s your own. It needs to look natural. So to achieve that, make sure your hair is hidden and make sure you line the wig with your hairline. In addition to this, make sure you have plaited lines so that it can also fit perfect.
- Style your wig- Wigs come in various styles and it’s your duty to choose what suits your facial shape and style. If you can’t style it yourself, simply go to a salon or ask the ones that sold it for you how to style it.
- Care for your wig- So if you are rocking synthetic, semi-human or human hair wig, you must take care of it. I mean treat like how you do with your natural hair! There are many types of wig products that prolong wig life.
- Use a wig stand- Of course, you don’t wear a wig 24/7, simply look for a wig stand where you can place it, to avoid it from tangling.
DON’TS OF A WIG
- Don’t wear your wig 24/7- Remember to your scalp and hair need a break. You don’t want your wig to start producing funny odors. For example, when you go to bed, take your wig off or if you are just chilling in the house doing chores, take it off. It’s up to you to decide.
- Don’t wear a wig straight from the box- When a wig is new, it’s normally packed and once it’s removed it may come out in a weird shape. Before you wear it, brush through and hang it so that it does not tangle and look messy.
- Don’t put synthetic wigs near heat because they are sensitive to it.
- Don’t forget to wash your wig to keep it clean and looking good regularly.
These are some of the major dos and donts I observed. If you have some to add, feel free to add on the comments section. Enjoy the Post Mobsterians!
“All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them”
Special Thanks to @ beautyclick and this team
Wigs by @BEAUTYCLICK
Photography by @focus_africa
MakeUp by @miss_onchangwa_makeup